RDC Season Update - 2022
RDC Season Update - 2022
June 17, 2022
Dear RDC Guests,
Welcome to the 2022 season! We are so looking forward to welcoming you back to Camp!
This year is a year of transition for the Camp and for many of us. Kathy, our beloved General Manager, is enjoying her early days of stepping back from RDC. Kathy and I have forged a solid relationship through this transition. We are both vested in the ongoing success and health of RDC and Kathy remains a valuable resource to us throughout the 2022 season.
Our goal remains to provide a safe environment for all of our guests and staff while returning to full occupancy and to the restoration of many of the traditions that guests look forward to each year.
Things of note:
- We have returned to our Saturday arrival schedule for both Rockywold and Deephaven.
- After a very successful season of renting Greenwood Lodge and Long House on a weekly basis, this reservation policy will continue for 2022 due to COVID. Currently, Greenwood Lodge is available from June 19th-25th and Long House is available Week 12, August 27th – September 3rd. Please call for more information.
- At the request of many guests and the RDC Board, shorter-term stays will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis in Rock Office. We have already received numerous requests and anticipate significant interest in this option. We have implemented a two-night minimum to allow our staff the ability to provide a safe and thorough turnover between guests.
- Both Rockywold and Deephaven dining rooms will be open, offering traditional seating with an extended serving time for each meal. For the first time in a very long time, RDC will be providing all food service in-house. We have hired an Executive Chef, Fred Parmenter, as well as several key management positions with the goal of improving food quality and presentation with more locally sourced representation on the menu. In addition, take-out containers will be available for those wishing to enjoy their meals outside of the dining rooms.
- We are offering full daily housekeeping and outside crew services this season. If you prefer a lower-contact experience and would like to opt out of any portion of these services, please notify our office staff at any time.
- Our Wee Camper program for 3-6-year-olds returns and be available Monday–Friday mornings.
- A Point Person must be designated for each cottage.
2022 Covid Safety Practices and Protocols:
- If traveling to Camp using public transportation, we request that you follow the CDC guidelines that recommend masking in public transportation settings.
- CDC recommends that people consistently and correctly wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public when communities are at a high level of transmission. Currently, the State of New Hampshire has a positivity rate of “high” and therefore, we strongly recommend that face masks are worn in the Playhouse, Rec Hall, Zodiac, and The Commons. For the dining rooms, we recommend that masks be worn until you are seated at your table and whenever you are in line for the buffet or beverages.
- We encourage you to gather outdoors whenever possible and to avoid overcrowding in any indoor common area such as the Playhouse and dining rooms.
- We want all guests to feel comfortable in a safe RDC bubble. We strongly recommend that all our guests obtain the COVID-19 vaccine, and booster, if applicable. Please obtain a negative test 24 hrs before arriving at Camp. If you have been in close contact with a known COVID infection, or are symptomatic with COVID, we would recommend following CDC guidelines as they relate to quarantine and isolation.
- The Camp is pleased to provide rapid test kits upon request. If a member of your group develops any COVID symptoms, we ask that they quarantine in place until departure. The Food Service team will gladly deliver meals to the quarantined member of your family.
- All staff will be masked when indoors.
With the evolving nature of this pandemic, our policies and procedures are subject to change. Please be on the lookout for an email update from us a few days prior to your arrival. Additionally, we will communicate these changes through social media and our website. We encourage you to review our Q&A page for further details now and before your arrival.
Thank you again for your support and loyalty. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Natalie Ward, General Manager
Please take a minute to read RDC's NEW Things to Know, before coming to RDC for your 2022 stay.
Questions and Answers Regarding RDC's 2022 season.
We are asking for a Point Person from each cottage. This will be used for communicating important information to guest families and contact tracing if needed. Please indicate your Point Person on your Reservation Request Form.
Guidance for out of state visitors:
RDC Photo Gallery
SQUAM LAKE SCENERY GALLERY